Friday, January 22, 2010

Lime Green Camo? Ew! Awwwwwww!


A close friend asked me to make a diaper wreath for her new son. She wanted it done in blue camouflage ribbon. Finding blue camouflage ribbon was impossible! I searched all the craft stores and I couldn't find it anywhere. I called my mom practically in tears one day because I couldn't find it. My mom told me to just make it using regular camouflage ribbon, but just imagining how it turned out gave me chills (and not the good kind).

On my second trip to the craft store, I found it. LIME GREEN CAMOUFLAGE! I called my mom and tried to explain it to her, but I could tell she wasn't sure. I left the store with 3 rolls of ribbon. I prayed that my friend would understand my dilemma and would still like it. It wasn't what she wanted, but I figured it would be this or nothing. I prayed she would be happier with it than I was.

I went to my mom's house and we started to put it together. I still wasn't happy with the ribbon, but I didn't have another choice. I had to make it work. After I put the last decoration on, I took a step back and admired my handiwork. I melted. It was perfect. The colors and decorations were perfect.









Isn't that precious?!?!?! I love the contrast in the colors.


























When I delivered it to my friend, her reaction was priceless. She squealed in delight. She said the colors were fantastic. She thanked me several times for going with something different. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I searched high and low for solid blue camouflage ribbon with no success. She was happy and I was relieved.

Photobucket

0 comments: